Below is a list of useful web and desktop applications that are FREE or very inexpensive:
- WinMerge – use this to compare two or more Windows files (UI equivalent of Linux diff command)
- Sublime Text – a great editor for both Windows and Mac
- PowerGREP – great for searching Files, their contents, and Folders on Windows. Regular Windows search just doesn’t cut it.
- Cygwin – a Unix-like environment and command-line interface for Microsoft Windows
- ActivePerl – a distribution, or pre-configured, ready-to-install package of Perl
Project and Task Management
Use something not listed here? Let us know what you use below: